2.18.2012

Breakfast Baguettes




I saw a picture of something like these on Pinterest one day and decided I needed to give it a go, I never looked at the original recipe, but these turned out great! And they're like choose your own adventure food.. the filling options are endless! We had them for breakfast on Valentine's Day :)







A Couple of Things: You can really make these with any ingredients you like, I was modeling one of our favorite restaurant scrambles, but I completely forgot the tomato I wanted to add! Regardless, they turned out great, the family was happy, and I'd like to believe they could taste the love they were made with.

Ingredients:
3 Mini Baguettes
5 Eggs
1/4 C Milk
2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
6 Pieces of Bacon, cooked and chopped, I, of course, used my method for Perfect Bacon
Cream Cheese, cold
Pinch of Salt
A twist or two of ground pepper

Process:
Preheat the oven to 350(F)

Cut a "V" out of the top of the baguettes and scoop out most of the bread, leaving about 1/4" or so of bread around the inside.

In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and milk.

Add the green onions and bacon to the egg mixture and whisk to incorporate.

On a foil lined baking sheet, pour the mixture into the baguette boats until half full.

If your cream cheese is in a block cut off a slice and then cut that into small cubes, add 3 small cubes to each boat, evenly spaced apart.

If your cream cheese is in a tub use the very tip of a small spoon and put 3 tiny scoops of cream cheese into the boat, evenly spaced apart.

Add the remainder of the egg mixture to fill the baguettes.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment