3.07.2012

Sundried Tomato Polenta (Slow Cooker)






I certainly do love me some polenta. This is super easy and uses the slow cooker (a.k.a my new best kitchen friend) so I'm extra excited about it. I made this quite awhile ago so it's veggie, not vegan, I'll update you when I have a dairy free alternative.




 



 
A Couple of Things: If you, like me, are recieving Better Homes & Gardens as a weak consolation prize for having your favorite magazine put out of print you may have seen something very similar to this. That's because I found it there. You could make this in a pot if you wanted to, but why?

Ingredients:
1 1/2 C Polenta
5 C Boiling Water
1/2 C Oil-Packed Sundried Tomatoes
1/2 C Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Dried Basil, crushed
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper

Process:
Drain the oil from the tomatoes and snip or chop them into smaller pieces, add them to the slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Cook on high for 1.5 hours or on low for 3 hours.
Stir.
Enjoy!

Yep, it's that easy. If you want to get fancy about it you can saute some fresh baby spinach and mushrooms to put on top then sprinkle it with a little more Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment