3.12.2012

Chocolate Chips Ahoy!





For days I was craving something sweet and I just couldn't quite put my finger on what was going to satisfy. Of course it was sometime around 3am when I realized what it needed to be, and this was it. The picture is bad, but these cookies are awesome! They have great flavor and remain soft yet crisp. It's too bad they're gone, because I could really go for one right about now!











A Couple of Things: This is adapted from the book Babycakes Covers the Classics. I may have said this before, but I love this girl. She's witty and has some great information for vegans people opting for a gluten-free diet. I opted out of the gluten-free version that she made, but it's still vegan, and still delicious!!

Ingredients:
3 C Spelt Flour
1 C Vegan Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
3/4 C plus 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (or canola will work)
6 Tbsp. Unsweetened Applesauce
2 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 C Vegan Chocolate Chips

Process:
Preheat the oven to 325(F).
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
Add the coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
Stir with a rubber spatula until a thick dough forms.
Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
Drop by the teaspoonfull onto the baking sheets, at least 1-1.5" apart because these suckers spread!
Bake for 14 minutes, rotating the baking sheets at the 7 minute mark.
Cookies should be golden brown and fairly firm.
Let cool on the sheets for about 15 minutes before eating. (Yeah right!)
Really, these cookies are better cool. I don't know how it happens, but I'm sure happy it does.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment