9.24.2011

White Bean Salad

Mmm.. beans.  I love beans, but I sometimes don't think to incorporate them into my meals like I should.  This is a simple marinated white bean salad.  When I say simple it's pretty much the understatement of the day, it practically makes itself. This salad is a summer standard, you've probably met before at a barbecue.  The beans are great as a stand alone side dish, but I love them even more on top of a green salad.  I wish there were leftovers right now....














Ingredients:
2 Cans (15oz) White Beans, any size
1/2 Bunch Fresh Parsley
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice, more to taste
1 Tsp. Minced Garlic, more to taste
1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste

Process:
Drain the liquid from the beans and rinse in a colander under cool water. Move the beans to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients making sure to clean and chop the parsley. Stir until well mixed and refrigerate until ready to eat.  I think the longer it sits the better, but try to give it an hour if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment