9.11.2011

Blueberry-Orange Freezer Jam

Ahhh summer.  I love any opportunity to go out to the U-Pick farms and load up on fruits and vegetables, and last week I did just that.  This was my first attempt at freezer jam and I can't believe how simple it is. I don't want to clog up my freezer with tons of jars of jam, but knowing how easy these are to make is going to be dangerous.

















Ingredients:

1 1/2 C Blueberries, Crushed
1 Orange, Peeled and Chopped
2 1/2 C Sugar
1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
1 Pouch Liquid Fruit Pectin (3 oz)





Process: 

Warm the sugar in the oven at 250 F for about 10-15 minutes.  This will make it dissolve better.

Combine the blueberries, orange, and sugar in a large bowl and let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in the liqueur and pectin, stir constantly for 3 minutes.

Ladle into clean jars (I used 4 oz jelly jars and filled 9 of them.) or plastic containers to within about 1/2 inch of the rim.  Cover with tight lids.  Let stand at room temperature until set, up to 24 hours.

Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for longer storage.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment